Author: The Food Allergy Foodie
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
(2) 12-oz bag of frozen blueberries, or 24 ounces of fresh blueberries
1/2 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
¾ cup white sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
¾ cup of dairy-free butter or shortening
1 ½ cups of quick cooking oats
¼ cup of brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- If using frozen blueberries, let thaw. Drain in colander but don’t rinse the blueberries. If using fresh blueberries, rinse and remove any stems.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the blueberries, vanilla, cinnamon, gluten-free all-purpose flour, white sugar, and lemon juice. Pour the filling into a 1.5 quart oven-safe baking dish.
- In a skillet, melt the dairy-free butter or shortening over low heat. Add the brown sugar and stir until melted (be careful not to burn the sugar!). Add the oats to the pan and mix until combined. Spread the oatmeal crumble mixture over the top of the blueberry filling mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes, until the filling is bubbling. Let cool and serve with dairy-free vanilla ice cream.
- If you have ramekins, you can also make individual crumbles.