Quick Pasta Pomodoro
Author: The Food Allergy Foodie
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
1-2 cups of gluten-free pasta
1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes
3 tablespoons olive oil
2-3 large garlic cloves, finely minced
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried parsley
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
1 tablespoon Daiya mozzarella shreds
- Using a 2-quart saucepan, fill with water and bring to a boil. For additional flavor, add 1 tablespoon of Kosher or sea salt to the pot prior to boiling.
- While the water is coming to a boil, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a small sauté pan. Add the minced garlic. Make sure not to over heat the olive oil so the garlic doesn’t immediately burn when added to the sauté pan. Let the garlic cook for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant. Add the can of diced tomatoes and all of the spices. Stir well and let simmer.
- When the water is at a rolling boil, add the pasta. Bring back to a boil and cook according to the package instructions. Typically, gluten-free pasta cooks between 7 and 10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add back to the saucepan. Pour the Pomodoro sauce over the pasta and mix well.
- Spoon into a bowl and if desired, sprinkle dairy-free mozzarella on top of the pasta.