Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Sautéed Kale
Author: The Food Allergy Foodie
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
2 sweet potatoes
1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
4 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 head of kale (or one bag of pre-chopped kale)
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Peel and cube the sweet potatoes. Place in a large mixing bowl and toss with one tablespoon olive oil and kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes on a large baking sheet, making sure not to overlap any of the pieces. Place in the oven and roast for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, toss the sweet potatoes and continue roasting for another 15 minutes, or until soft and the potatoes have a nice brown coloring.
- As the potatoes are roasting, finely dice the yellow onion and mince the garlic.
- In a large sauté pan, heat one tablespoon of olive oil over medium/low heat. Once heated, add the onion and garlic. Cook until translucent and fragrant, about 8 minutes.
- Once the onion is cooked, add the kale, Kosher salt and pepper to taste. Stir, cover and let sauté until cooked down, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked kale to a large serving bowl. Add the roasted sweet potatoes and mix well. Serve immediately with your favorite protein.