Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Apples & Grapes
Author: The Food Allergy Foodie
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 0 minutes
1 10-oz bag of shaved Brussels sprouts or equal amount of whole Brussels sprouts and shaved by hand
2 small (or 1 large) bunch of seedless red grapes, halved
2 small (or one 1 large) red apple, such as Fuji or Honeycrisp
½ cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- If using whole Brussels sprouts, cut the bottoms off each sprout. Shave using either a Mandoline slicer or a by hand. If using pre-shaved Brussels sprouts, empty into a large mixing bowl.
- Wash one large bunch of red grapes. Slice in half and add to the Brussels sprouts.
- Wash the red apple(s). Remove core and dice into ¼” pieces. Add to the Brussels sprouts and grapes.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the freshly squeezed lemon juice and five tablespoons of lemon juice. If you don’t like the tartness of the lemon juice, use ¼ cup instead of ½ cup, or add one to two additional tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the lemon juice dressing over the shaved Brussels sprouts. Mix well and serve as a stand-along dish or serve along with your favorite protein.