Author: The Food Allergy Foodie
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4-6 people
4 large russet potatoes
1 (32-oz.) container of gluten-free chicken or vegetable broth, or 4 cups of homemake stock
4 tablespoons of Earth Balance, soy-free butter
¾ cups of full-fat coconut milk
Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and dice the potatoes.
- Place diced potatoes in a large stock pot. Add the broth. If the potatoes are not fully submerged in the broth, add water until the potatoes are covered in liquid.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil. Let cook about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
- Drain the potatoes in a large strainer. Transfer to mixing bowl.
- Attach the whisk to the stand mixer. Attach the bowl to the mixer and turn on low. Add the butter and coconut milk. Increase the speed to medium and let whip until the potatoes are smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and let mix for another minute.
- Transfer to a serving bowl or to a crockpot on the warm setting.